Door Handles are an integral part of door hardware and are meant for opening or closing a door from inside or outside. They have been in use since centuries. The materials used for making door pull handles varied from time to time and they usually had a basic latch. Door handles today also serve as decorative item for adorning the decor of the home.
Most of the modern door pull handle are manufactured from metal components, with brass being used most frequently. Some other metals or metal alloys are also used for making door handles. Door handles are selected in such a way that they complement the design ans style of your home.
There are different types of door handles available today. Some of the common types include:
- Antique Door Handles
- Decorative Door Handles
- Door Lock Handles
- Door Pull Handles
- Georgian Door Handles
- Lever Door Handles
- Shaker Style Handle
- Victorian Door Handles
Materials that are commonly used for making door handles are: Wrought Iron
- Stainless Steel
Door Handles are available in many finishes like:
- Antique Bronze Finish
- Bronze with a Lacquered Surface
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish
- Burnished Finish
- Satin Bronze
- Cast Bronze
- Polished Bronze
- Patina Finish
Select Door Handles
Door and door handles have passed several phases of human history. Though door handles are small hardware, they still have the capacity to define people’s lifestyle and status. Therefore, they are “hard to resist” items for those who are conscious about their lifestyles. Not only in households but also in offices, hotels, restaurants etc. These are used to attract the attention of clients or the customers.
Door handles are available in numerous designs, styles and materials. When as a bulk buyer you go to shop these door handles it becomes necessary for you take following considerations in mind:
- What type of material is used for making door handle. Enquire about the durability of the material and its immunity to corrosion.
- The grip of the door handle is more important. Whether you need hard grip or soft grip you must specify clearly.
- The style in which these handles are available are numerous. Popular type of door handles available are antique door handle, decorative door handle, door lever handle, Victorian door handle etc. You can order the products after surveying the marketability of the products.
- Door handles may or may not have plates or key hole attached to them. What is your expectation and requirements you must make clear to the supplier.
- Finally you enquire from the supplier that how can the glaze or the shine of the materials can be retained for the long time.
- While ordering the good never overlook the packaging aspect.