- Verify your door thickness and then choose the right lock for that door
- The lock should be kept away from the door while making the slot as sawdust may enter the lock and hamper its smooth functioning
- It is not advisable to paint or polish the door with the lock fitted on it. Remove the lock from the door, paint or polish the door and re-install the lock
- Use of any solvents, commercial cleaners, detergents, adhesives, paints, cosmetic sprays or other caustic substances to clean the locks should be avoided. Incase cleaning is necessary use a soft cloth moistened in mild soap solution
- Tampering with the Ultra lock cylinder can lead to internal mechanism damage
- Leaving the door open with the dead bolt protruding out may lead to damage of the lock if the door closes accidentally
- Ensure that the door is maintained periodically to avoid sag and for retaining smoothness in operation
- Do not fit the lock with force using a hammer, mallet or any other heavy object. Always use a screwdriver to fit the lock.
The main door
The shield that separates the outside world from your world. Your home is as secure as your main door. It is your primary defense against any intrusion to your world.
- It is ideal for all main doors to be made up of solid wood of at least 35 mm thickness to accommodate to good quality lock and other fittings.
- A solid wooden frame enhances sturdiness of the main door structure .
- Glass panels or stained glass windows around the main doors are not recommended as they can be broken with ease and thus the main door can become vulnerable to opening
- Even the strongest, Herculean padlock loses its significance when fitted onto a weak aldrop (Kadi). Therefore an aldrop, if present, should be strong in order to support and augment the security of a good quality padlock.
- It is advisable that hinges should not be exposed to the exterior of your home, as these can be easily broken, making the main door defenseless.
- It is advisable to install a peephole or wide-angle viewer in all entry doors as it enables viewing who is outside without opening the door.
- A door safety chain checks the possibility of a forced entry by an unwelcome visitor and hence is a must on every main door.
- The main door defenses are complete only when the lock provides the convenience of a latch and the security of a dead bolt.
- Keep in mind various intrusion methods in mind such as crowbars, hacksaws, skeleton keys, lock picking tools, metal strips thereby providing seamless unparalleled security.
It is recommended that your main door should have an unpickable locking system with high key combinations. An Ultra locking systems is UNPICKABLE because it cannot be opened with any object other than it’s own key and it is almost impossible to duplicate the Ultra key without the original key. Each set of Ultra keys is virtually unique i.e. 10 crore non-interchangeable combinations are possible.
The living room windows should be made of toughened glass that is difficult to break thus augmenting the security level offered by the main door. The windows in bungalows or lower floors of buildings should have fixed grills along the entire window to prevent undesired entry whereas higher floors can have half grills to prevent any accident.
Enjoy your surroundings within the comfort and warmth of your home. A door separating the living room from the balcony is recommended to ensure security. This could be in the form of a collapsible grill or a wooden folding partition. On such a door the lock should be capable of locking only from the inside thereby creating a secure separation between the balcony and the adjoining room.
The innermost sanctum of your home for relaxation and recuperation.
- The bedroom door is just as important as the main door since it not only provides privacy but also protects your valuable possessions.
- With the bedroom being an integral part of the house there is a need for aesthetics without compromisng on security.
- It is ideal for the door to be made up of solid wood of at least 35mm thickness to accommodate a good quality lock and other fittings.
A private space where the emphasis on aesthetics is increasing. The bathroom door ensures privacy and aesthetics, thus the locks used for this door should satisfy both these requirements. Keyless locking systems that complement the decor of the bathroom would be ideal. The lock should withstand high moisture conditions prevalent in a bathroom and should also have an emergency
A space for household storage. An inexpensive yet strong lock is ideal to keep storage under lock and key. Godrej Padlocks, India’s most trusted locks best suit this need.
A place from where nourishment is provided to your family prepared with a combination of cooking skills and use of valuable, modern kitchen appliances. When no one is at home the kichen door is a safe keeper of your expensive home appliances. The lock installed on this door should be sturdy enough to ward off undesired entry.
Cupboards, Cabinets and Drawers facilitate storage, enhance the interior and house your precious assets. The locks installed in such furniture should be sturdy and inconspicuous maintaining the aesthetics of the cabinet.